Thursday, October 28, 2010

Soncatchers

"Soncatchers"

Everyone that knows me, knows that I'm always doing some kind of craft. (In my spare time, of course:) Crafts are so therapeutic to me...

But I have to be honest and say that I didn't come up with this idea on my own. My mom started making these a few years ago and I became instantly hooked! Mainly because it's something I can do without a whole lot of "thought" process while making. (Because I home school and have my kids right up under me most of the time....there is no quiet time to think about something too complicated!:) So, this craft fits perfectly at this season in my life.

I love these because of the way they reflect the sunlight. Whether you hang them in your window to enjoy indoors or you hang them in the trees outside....they are so beautiful to look at with the light dancing off them. I also started making them smaller this year so that you can hang them in your Christmas Tree! I can imagine how beautiful they will be with the twinkling lights from the tree hitting them.

Also, we've never had a name for them until this year and I thought it was time that we called them something other than, "hangydangy's or you know, those things you hang up with mirrors on them???." Lol. So, we came up with the name, "Soncatchers." Seems so fitting doesn't it? Since they reflect the light that our God gives us...perfect..Soncatchers it is!:)

"Then Jesus spoke to them again saying, I am the light of the world. He who follows me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life."
John 8:12

No comments:

Post a Comment