Sunday, December 12, 2010

Mary was just like me...

The other night I was driving home from my parents' house after having one of those difficult days as a stay at home mother... I'm sure all mom's know what kind of day I'm talking about..



the kind of day where you're exhausted... mentally...wondering if you're being the kind of mother God would be proud of...questioning if you're doing your kids more harm than good by staying at home with them... hoping by some small chance that you're teaching them all the things their little minds need to know...



I was having that kind of day.



But, as I was driving, I was also listening to the new Christmas Cd that my precious mother had put together for me and this song came on that caught my attention....it was a song written about Mary, the mother of Jesus, and what she may have been thinking or feeling when she was carrying our Savior in her womb.



Can you even fathom the idea of having the responsibility of carrying the Savior of the world in your womb? Of having the responsibility of caring for him and raising him...this precious child that would soon die for us and be raised from the dead? Can you imagine what thoughts must have went through her head and the pressure she must have felt?



You know, Mary too, was just like us. She was human. I'm sure, she too, must have felt overwhelmed at times. Afraid, stressed, unworthy...I'm sure she felt the same pressures and insecurities we all feel as mothers...



As I drove home that night, I know that song wasn't a coincidence for me to hear. I felt God reassuring me that as mothers, we all have those moments when we're a little shaken, a little overwhelmed... moments of insecurity trying to creep upon us...



But, the most important thing, I believe, he wants us to remember is.... He didn't ask us to take this huge responsibility on by ourselves...he asked us to love and care for our children, but doing so by relying on him. When those overwhelming and stressful times come, as we all know they will, we can always call on him to help us through!

Remember to call on Him for your strength....

Love ya'll! Strive to be Different!

No comments:

Post a Comment