Monday, May 16, 2011



Thought I'd share an excerpt from my journal....


It seems over the past few years God has been dealing with me on my attachment to the things of this world and the dreams that I cling to.

I used to think once I finally moved past a "want" or "dream" that I had conquered it and God had "cured" me so to speak as to "wanting" the things of this world:)

Then, I'd find another hurdle to jump.... repeat process....

I've read this verse many times and always held it dear to my heart but it never fails to draw my attention to the "things" or "dreams" I keep holding on to and causing me to realize that even the "good" dreams, the little white house in the field, has to be laid at His feet in order for Him to grow me and to use me in the way He desires.

I have to let it ALL go, even the sweet, seemingly small stuff in order to follow Him.


"If you refuse to take up your cross and follow me, you are not worthy of being mine. If you cling to your life, you will lose it; but if you give it up for me, you will find it."

Matthew 10:38-39

Love ya'll! Strive to be Different!!

No comments:

Post a Comment