Sunday, November 6, 2011

"But if anyone has enough money to live well and sees a brother or sister in need and refuses to help- how can God's love be in that person?" 1 John 3:17

I know you've heard me say (or whine and cry) to you in the past 6 years about the struggles we've faced financially, about how hard it's been for our family to live day to day, pay check to pay check, not knowing if we'd have enough to make ends meet each week... and to be honest even though times have been hard, I know that God has taken those times and used them for the good. He's definitely humbled us and shown us the important things in life and I might add, we've never gone hungry! So, we're blessed!:)

But, God has really opened my eyes to the fact that there are so many out there right now, hurting. It's not just our family.... you see it everywhere. Times are getting tough again for alot of people. Groceries are sky rocketing, gas is like gold these days, and new clothes are becoming a luxury! People are striving to make ends meet each week and alot of times, if you're like us, those ends don't meet!

And, so my reason for writing this post is challenge you to become more aware of those around you that are hurting. If you have a roof over your head, a warm bed to sleep in at night, clothes to put on without holes in them, groceries in your pantry, and gas in your car... You are sooo blessed.

It's so funny to think back to when Britt had a high paying career, I would thank God for the "new" car we got or the "new" jeans I bought, or the fancy vacation we were able to take, now... I thank God for a warm bed to sleep in at night, I thank Him for the loaf of bread and gallon of milk in the kitchen, I thank Him that my kids are healthy and I'm able to stay at home with them and teach them.... I know I can't change peoples' hearts, but God can. I pray that you will take some time to notice those around you... at work, school, church, in the grocery store.... pay attention to their needs and share with them the blessings that God has given to you.... Be a blessing to them!

Love ya'll! Strive to be Different!

No comments:

Post a Comment