Sunday, January 8, 2012

God has layed a special message on my heart for our childrens' Bible lesson tomorrow before we begin a "new year" of school.
You know I've said many times before that at night when I pray over our children, that I pray for God to protect them from drugs, alcohol, boys, girls, anything or any temptation that could lead them astray from what the Lord has called them to do. I pray that they will come to know Him at an early age and that whatever He calls them to do, will be for All for His glory! That they will live their lives boldly and courageously for Him!
Which leads me to the lesson tomorrow:)
God has asked me to talk to them about "what" they want to be when they grow up:)
Seems a little premature, but I'm not arguing with the Big Guy!
Which we all know what they're going to say....
A baseball player, a singer, a mommy, or Maggie's latest, "Justin Bieber...." (Yes, I know, she's a girl and all that, we've tried....)
But, in all seriousness, I believe God wants me to talk to my children (well, I like to call them "our" children because they belong to Him first, right?:) about their future in a more depth approach.
While it's true that school and academics, colleges, and careers are all wonderful and important things in our life....
I believe the most important message God wants me to instill in them is to Love the Lord our God with all their heart, their soul and their mind!
And, His message on my heart for them is clear...
that "whatever" they choose to do or "be" when they grow up...
it should be All for the Glory of God!
Nothing more, Nothing Less....
Pray that their little minds will soak up this "simple"
but, oh so powerful message and not only hear it, but live it!

I am so Blessed......

No comments:

Post a Comment