Thursday, March 10, 2011

"Doing for Others"

Going into the ministry has been a very humbling experience to say the least... You learn alot of what it means to "do without" or shall I say you continually learn to sacrifice your own selfish desires along the way....

With that said, I've tried to teach my children that on those days when we're feeling a little down or the selfish bug comes crawling into our thoughts and making us think we "need" something we aren't able to get, the best way to handle those feelings is to go do something for someone else!

I've loaded them up on several occasions lately and went to weed someone's flower beds or mowed someone's grass! Lol.

And it works!

Why???

Because you take the focus off yourself and learn to focus on others!

While doing my Bible Study tonight I came across these verses...

"Don't be selfish. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourself. Don't think only about your own affairs, but be interested in others, too, and what they are doing."
Philippians 2:3-4

Love ya'll! Strive to be Different!

No comments:

Post a Comment