Sunday, July 18, 2010

Praying Over Our Children



"Dear God, thank you so much for these beautiful blessings you have bestowed upon on our lives.

I thank you for entrusting me with the responsibility of raising these precious, little children and for deeming us worthy enough to be called their parents.



God, I want to give them back to you. Your will be done in their lives Lord.



I pray that You will use them for Your glory and to further Your kingdom in any way You see fit Lord.

I pray that you will protect them from the evils of this world...that you would shield them from any temptations like drugs, alcohol, friendships, or any relationships that may hinder them from serving you.



I pray that they will come to know you at an early age Lord and that they will serve you, passionately, all the rest of their days!



I pray you will use them Lord, in a mighty way to glorify Your kingdom.



Thank you Lord, for sharing such special gifts with me. Thank you......"




The actual laying of hands on somebody means to "set apart for special service." Jesus and His disciples often did it to heal people as well.



From the beginning of having both our children, Britt and I have always prayed over our children. We've always laid hands on them and prayed for God's special blessings on their lives and also to protect them or to heal them when they're sick.




As parents, we are God's special vessel in which he uses to guide and raise up His children in order for them to serve Him. In order to do that, we must pray over them and ask Him to set them apart.




My prayer is that you will take the time to pray over your children and ask God to set them apart for His kingdom and protect them from the evils of this world.

My favorite time to pray over them is while they're sleeping.


All is quiet and it's just me, the Lord, and our children.........Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment