Sunday, July 11, 2010

To God Be the Glory!!

My husband left yesterday on a week long mission trip to Nicaragua. He's going to be the only pastor going so he will be preaching 6-7 times a day. Very long days for him and the whole team that went. Their mission.... to teach the Gospel and to lead these people to Christ.
I woke up this morning feeling a little sorry for myself, being that I had to get both kids ready for church on my own and not to mention, I wasn't too happy about the fact that he left us in the first place for a week! But, every year, we've always had this tradition to write the each team member a letter for each day that they're there... to encourage them and to lift them up while in the field. But this year, Britt also wrote me a letter for each day that he will be gone. Pretty sweet huh?:)
As I was scurrying through the house, preparing us all for church, I noticed I hadn't read my letter from him this morning, so I stopped and opened it.
It was so sweet.... He went on about how much he loved us and missed us, he wrote each of the kids a little piece to read for themselves, which they adored....but at the end he wrote something that pierced my heart... He said, " I love ya'll. I pray that one day you will get to meet hundreds of people who came to know Christ in this week I am gone. To God be the Glory!"
I was speechless...... where was my focus???
On Self.... Again....
I knelt down right there in front of my children and read aloud what he said.... I told them that daddy was right. Isn't that day going to be so awesome to meet those that come to know Christ through their efforts this week?!
Britt's favorite verse that he likes to quote ALOT:)
to the church he pastors' is Acts 1:8.
"But when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, you will receive power and will tell people about me everywhere--in Jerusalem (your hometown), throughout Judea (your state), in Samaria (your country), and to the ends of the earth (the world)."
I thank God for a husband who is willing to GO not only to his hometown,
but also to the ends of the earth!
I also thank God for our little moment together this morning....it's not about ME.
Love ya'll! Strive to be Different!!

No comments:

Post a Comment