Monday, March 1, 2010

Our Homeschooling Goals for the Week:

-Nate's memory verse for the week:
"Do not copy the behaviors of this world, but let God change the way you think." Romans 12:2
He has a memory verse each week to memorize and for his copy work as well.

We've finished up his 1st grade Math books last week, so I'm debating on whether to go ahead and order the 2nd grade or to just give him worksheets for the remainding of the year. So, this week I've been reviewing counting money, telling time, and a little addition/subtraction as well.

In reading, we'll be finishing up his core readers as well this week. So, we'll start on reading other books of interest to finish out the year and onto in summer. I'm thinking of starting him on a reading program for the summer so that he can earn special prizes for completing books and also I want to encourage his interest in reading, so I thought it would be a fun way to do that:)

Other than that, we'll of course do some fun crafts and art projects and spend some time doing some fun stuff together!

Homeschooling has been going so much better for me than the beginning of the year. I found I was putting wayyy to much pressure on myself trying to accomplish things unrealistically each day. And it was putting unnecessary pressure on the whole family. So, we made some changes, and now things are much better for all of us!

That's the beauty of homeschooling. You go with the flow of your family and what works best for you! Now, we school while Maggie's napping and read in the evenings after she goes to bed. Much easier and much more realistic for our family at this time.
I also wanted to share Nate's recent field trip with the Homeschooling Group to Stennis Space Center. They had a great time! Thanks Aunt Karen for taking him!:)














No comments:

Post a Comment