Sunday, June 20, 2010

It's Not about Me

Have you ever heard a woman say they need some "me" time?
Or have you ever been given the advice from a beloved
friend that you just need and deserve some "me" time as a woman?
I know I have heard it many times and yes,
I've probably been guilty of saying it myself a time or two.....
But, the fact of the matter is, as a mother and a wife,
no where in God's Word does it ever say that any of us
deserve "me" time or that any of us need "me" time
in order to function properly each week!
On the contrary, God's Word tells us that if anyone
who desires to come after Him must deny self,
take up his cross and follow Him (Matthew 16:25-26)
Or another version, which I like, says,
"you must put aside your selfish ambition,
take up your cross, and follow me."
No where does it say, " If you would just take a couple of days off
and go to the spa, you'll feel much better and prepared for the next week.":)
Bibical motherhood is not easy.
It means sacrifice, selfless love, and faithful dedication.
It means we are there in mind, body, and spirit with our families. And this means denying ourselves and being consumed with God and His will for our families.
I love the way one author puts it... "It means starting each morning on our face in repentance and thanksgiving, pleading for His grace and for the strength to glorify Him in our daily en devours.
It means loving God more than we love our children--- and consequently,
He will equip us to truly love them and prepare us to serve
them through Christ our Lord."
Who will equip us? God will equip us.
I was just telling Britt the other day that I'm afraid for our future generation of women because it's becoming increasingly clear that there are very few Bibical, mother role models left to follow.
His Word clearly says, "Older women must train the younger women
to love their husbands and their children,
to live wisely and be pure, to take care of their homes,
to do good, and to be submissive to their husbands."
Titus 2:4-5
What is the world teaching our women?
To get the highest degree you can, make more money than men, let someone else raise your children, hire a maid, be in control of your home, get out if it gets too tough, you need to take some "ME" time!
What does God teach our women?
Deny Self
Who are you going to follow?
More Scripture Ref for a Godly Woman: Proverbs 31:10-31
Love ya'll! Strive to be Different!

No comments:

Post a Comment