Saturday, June 19, 2010

Corn Days

First Day of Mother's Day Out for the Summer!


Cade Beech, Nate, and Maggie



Maggie was so excited because
she got to carry a lunch box!
She's really impressed me with going this summer!
I've always kept her at home, but she really
loves going to play with her friends.
I think it's been good for her.






Corn Days of Summer
Today was a long, but fun day. Britt and Nate got up at 5:30 this morning to go pull corn for us at a friends' field. We think we ended up shucking and putting up around 300 ears of corn today. If any of you have ever done it, you know what a long and tiring process it is! But, well worth it!

Also pictured helping us is our adoptive grandparent's from the church that Britt pastor's. They've grown to be a very important part of our lives and we believe they are a God send! We love you Nena and Paw Paw!:)




We were very proud of Nate for hanging in
there and doing some "work."
His daddy paid him $7.00 for his help:)
I think they've decided to go to a movie
tomorrow after church as well:)


Cutting the ends off the cobb



Even Maggie got into the fun!
I was surprised she stayed with it so long!

Everyone hard at work shucking




He grows such beautiful, full corn!



Well, this is where I spent most of the day,
scraping the corn off the cobb.
I'm going to be sore tomorrow!:)
We like to call it liquid gold because
it's such a process, but sooo worth it!

Yes, I'm still scraping.........

So golden and pretty


A woman's work is never done!:)

Well, it was a fun day, but oh so exhausting!

I think we ended up with over 40 bags of

creamed corn and around 85 cobbs.

We should be eating well this winter!:)

Oh, I must mention why Maggie is always shirtless!:) If she gets one drop of anything on her shirt, she's NOT wearing it! We went through 3 or 4 shirts today! I think she really just likes to be a little tom boy, truth be known:)



PEAS

We also have been putting up LOTS of peas this week,

I think I've put up 30 bags so far, still lots more to go!

And look at my little homemaker in the making!:)



























































































































No comments:

Post a Comment