Friday, June 11, 2010

Worldly Desires

"Give me an eagerness for your decree;
do not inflict me with love for money!
Turn my eyes from worthless things,
and give me life through your Word.
Reassure me of your promise,
which is for those who honor you.
Help me abandon my shameful ways;
Your laws are all I want in my life!
I long to obey your commandments!
Renew my life with your goodness."
Psalm 119:36-40
Today has been one of those days, which I have many of, where I've struggled with the desires of my flesh against the real desires of my spirit.
My flesh has been enticing me with the "things" of this world and causing me to take my focus off the one true thing that matters to me, my relationship with my Lord!
But you see, that's Satan's job. he works his way in through many different shapes and forms whether it be through the TV, the Internet, a magazine, your friends, or even through your family! To tempt you...to entice you...to reel you in, hook you on some worldly desire, and catch you when you least expect it!
Before you know it, you've taken your eyes off your one true focus, your Lord, and become wrapped up in worldly desires!
I'm guilty of that this week. I took my eyes off my one true focus and let worldly desires creep in.
Please forgive me Lord, let my desires be Your desires. This world and what it has to offer has nothing for me. Keep my focus on You Lord. Protect me from my enemies. Discourage me from wanting anything other than your Grace and what You want me to have.
I love you Lord,
your servant-
Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment