Tuesday, May 11, 2010

This world has NOTHING for me....

Follow Me

What do you place above your relationship with Christ? Your job, work, desire for more money, worldly things, relationships..... there are countless things we tend to put above Christ and alot of times don't even realize it!

If there's one thing I've learned since going into the ministry it would have to be living committed to Christ is a choice. I choose to daily put aside my selfish ambition to follow Christ. Not saying that it's easy to do so, but at the end of the day, I constantly strive to let go of all the other things my selfish heart desires, and choose to have faith in Him. Let Him lead me and guide me. I've learned that all those "wants and so called needs" I desired in the past are worthless and full of false happiness.

My relationship with Him and serving the Lord with all my heart is where my true happiness lies!

Paul says in Philippians 3, "Everything else is worthless when compared with the priceless gain of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I may have Christ and become one with Him."

I pray that you will painfully and truthfully look at your own life..... I say painfully because it is painful to look deep into your own soul and see where your true desires lie. Is your ambition to serve this life or is it to serve the Lord? You can't do both.

Love ya'll! Strive to be Different!

No comments:

Post a Comment