Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Worship

Have you ever studied worship in God's Word?

Tonight I was reading in Nehemiah, totally unaware of what God was going to show me through this scripture when I started noticing how they worshiped God throughout the rebuilding of the wall of Jerusalem. Then it got me to thinking about all the other scripture I had read on how Christians worshipped throughout the Bible...... Then I got fired up!:)

Now, don't get me wrong, I do understand that there are many ways to worship and we all do not have to worship in the same way. But, tonight as I was reading it dawned on me that worship is serious business!

It says in Nehemiah when the Word was read aloud that the people stood up in honor of the Word of the Lord! When they worshipped, they would raise their hands to heaven and bow with their face down to the ground in honor of Him! In 1 Timothy it says wherever you assemble, I want men to pray with holy hands lifted up to God free from anger and controversy!

Worshiping Jesus by the Sea of Galilee, on the whaters of which He has walked
I think what God's Word is saying is that we need to take worship more seriously when we come before the Lord. Sometimes I wonder if God's Church really comes together on Sunday for worship or for a routine "get together?"

I love that! Pray with Holy hands lifted up to God! How awesome is that?!!!

Love ya'll! Strive to be Different when you worship this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment