Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Race for Missions

This past Saturday our church hosted a 5k race to raise money for Missions! Each year they have all sorts of fund raisers to benefit two of our church families that have been called to missions and also to raise money for their annual mission trip to Nicaragua. This was our first year to do a race and it was a huge success!

I was a little bummed not to be a part of the actual race for several reasons but to my surprise I got a huge blessing right in my front of me! The race went right passed my house so I got to watch everyone as they ran or "walked" by!:)

At first it was a little comical watching some of them go by, they were being silly, waving and just having a good time as they worked their way to the first check point, but then.... as I kept watching I noticed something really special about this race. It wasn't the just the "fittest of the fittest" out there. The normal, if you will, that you would usually see running these races.

These people were special. Tears welled up in my eyes as I watched people running this race. I thought to myself, "Jamie, you have the best seat in the house to be able to see this!" But, then it dawned on me quickly, "No, God has the best seat in the house, watching these people run this race, because this race is for Him!" That's what they were doing, running the race for Him! Young and old, Big and Small, Crippled and Worn..... pressing on for Him! How awesome is that?! No one gave up, no one threw the towel in and quit....they kept pressing on!

I learned alot that morning as I watched this race unfold in front of my eyes. I learned that we should "Never give up!" and I learned that when you're running the race for God, everyday life, He will see you through! It doesn't matter what it is, how hard or difficult it is...if you're running for Him, He will see you through! I can't imagine how happy He had to have been watching that race on Saturday. To see all these people come together with their hearts and minds focused completely on Him. I imagine He had tears in His eyes too.:)

Precious, Precious life teaching moments. Thank you God!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment