Monday, February 8, 2010

A Virtuous Woman

One of my favorite chapters in the Bible is Proverbs 31:10-31, where it talks about being a wife of "noble character," or being a "virtuous woman." Like many, I used to read these verses and think to myself, "yeah right. What woman in their right mind could be and do all of these things?!" Same thought you've had, I'm sure:) A little intimidating, isn't it?:)

But, what I realized after much studying and searching for what he might be trying to say is, this is what a woman should "strive" to be or for better words, should be "inspired" to be. Of course no woman could even begin to do all the things mentioned in this chapter, but what is clear, is that she is a hard worker. She is her husbands' helper, she goes above and beyond to make sure her home is cared for, her family is carefully attended to, and above all else, she has a deep reverence for God and nothing else comes before these things.

You know it never says that a woman shouldn't work. I don't find that anywhere in the Bible. Believe me, I've tried to find it:) But, the Bible is very clear that a woman's role is to make sure her home, her husband and her children are cared for above anything else, nothing should come before that. And, her relationship with the Lord is where she'll find her real beauty.

You know, I'm just learning what it is God wants me to be as a mother and a wife..... There are things that I "get" and then there are things that I just really don't want to hear! But God's Word is clear and we can't ignore His Word.

My prayer is for God to give me the strength and courage to be the woman, the wife, and the mother He has called me to be. And, also, my prayer is for you who are struggling with what your role is as a mother, as a wife, and as a woman of God....that you would look at His Word, passionately pray and ask Him to reveal His Truth to you.

Love ya'll! Strive to be Different!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment